Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Riding Through the Fear on 485....

I had a strange afternoon yesterday.  I nearly got swiped off of my motorcycle on the way home on 485 last night.  After the adrenaline rush passed, I had the rest of the ride home to think about things.  This also came a week after my husband passed out unconscious on our cement driveway, and his buddy came pounding on the bedroom door to wake me up, screaming that he had fallen and was unconscious.  It was oddly reminiscent of the day his dad died, just a short year and a half ago.  Life can be over in the blink of an eye - really and seriously.  With that in mind, what is the point of getting strung out about situations you can't control?  I have a tendency to overanalyze and almost obsess about situations that are out of my control - I don't like things ending badly, I don't like bad reputations, I don't like negative gossip flying around.  These things tend to drive me nuts in general.  But in all honesty, I could be gone tomorrow.  Life is too short to be hung up in bitterness, and it is too trivial to waste your time worrying what people are saying about you.  There are too many people out there who are willing to forgive you for your mistakes.  Those are the people to be treasured in your life.  The ones that accept your flaws and imperfections, and help you to build on them, rather than point them out and scoff at them.  So this post, while oddly out of character and fairly sentimental, is dedicated to those people.  The ones who accept me for who I am, who know that I am imperfect in many ways, and who choose to love me regardless.  Thank you for being a part of my life.  Thank you for supporting my endeavors to grow and to change.  2010 changed me in many ways, and there have been a lot of tough times since then.  There have been innumerable losses, some too hard to even put into words.  But I have fought through each and every one, and am striving to make things better.  To accomplish dreams, and goals, that I thought I could never achieve.  Here's to the future.  And here's to everyone who will achieve it with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment