Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2012

So, I may be ten days late in doing this.  But in all truthfulness, I still am not completely certain what my goals are for my horse and my riding this year.  I have been mulling it over, but I am not typically a hard and fast goal-setter, because it always seems as though life gets in the way.  So I am going to set a few loose goals and take it one step at a time from there.

My first goal might be coming up in two weeks, if I can figure out the financial end of things.  My main goal has been for a long time to get to a show.  Now, I know that I got out to the Everlong show on Penny last year, but I can hardly call that a true "showing" experience.  Let's not rehash that whole mess.  Regardless, my main goal is to take a horse and get into a ring.  Period, end of story.  So I was invited to go along with a couple people to do the Pipe Opener at Carolina Horse Park on the 21st, and hopefully I will get to that to do a Maiden level combined test.

The next goal is to team up with Robyn to get to another combined test together at TTC in March, and also do a cross country schooling since their course will be open after the show.  From there, I have decided not to set any hard and fast goals, but I would like to loosely set a goal of getting out at least every other month, hopefully more like once a month.  I would like to do a little dressage show, like Gone to Ground or Lighten Up Dressage, which are both fairly local.  And I would really like to run my first full event at the Beginner Novice level by this summer.  I think that is a reasonable goal, considering my horse is capable, and the height is only 2'7".  Ideally, I would like to try to move up to Novice by the end of the year, but we will take it one step at a time and see how things go.

Back to the Pipe Opener, and one small thing that I forgot to mention...entries are due tomorrow...and I need a show name.  Her barn name is April, because she was born on April Fools' Day.  She is a fiery chestnut mare, and deserves a particularly special name.  Any suggestions???!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment