Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Life Happens

I have a nagging little voice in my head telling me it is only a matter of time until the other shoe drops.  Right now there are so many things up in the air with no resolution in sight, and I wish I had some answers on how everything is going to fall into place.  Needless to say, these are apparently days of uncertainty; to a certain extent, and I look forward to having more things settled - hopefully in the near future rather than off in the distance. 

There is that old saying I keep reminding myself of - the one about how we make plans and life happens.  I've had a lot of "life" happening lately.  At this point, I don't think I'm even going to bother making any big plans.  I'd rather try to roll with the punches for the time being, and use it as a chance to exercise my faith that God knows where it will all end up.  Jeremiah 29:11 is very forefront in my mind these days, and I'm trying to meditate on that one small constant in a world that is ever-changing around me.

It is two days til the closing date for the CHP show, and it's looking like it is out unless I go along - my poor trailer buddy had a horse pull a shoe and land on the clip, and he is still three-legged lame.  In the meantime, I'm just going to stick with our routine of mixing up conditioning hacks, dressage work, and jump schools.  I am halfway pondering the idea of finding a clinic to go to in the area to help with the "itch" to get out. 

Samson got his new shoes put on this week, and his feet look dramatically better!  I have been toying with the possibility of sending him out on lease to a therapeutic facility, but they haven't called yet and I am wondering if it may not happen after all.  Yet another thing that is completely up in the air at the moment....

We have started the search for another boarder, and there's the inevitable dread of not getting the "right" person.  We are SO lucky to have the boarders that we do - I couldn't ask for a better situation.  They are completely on the same page as we are when it comes to the care of their horses, and as a result everyone is really happy.  It is such a low-key and positive environment - and I always look forward to whoever may be out there.  So when you start looking to add one more person to the mix, there is the inevitable dread that you may end up with another crazy horse person - after all, there are plenty of them to choose from!  Hey, I know we are ALL crazy in our own right, it's just a matter of finding others with your same flavor of crazy so you mesh well - that's my theory, at least!

Other than that, there is little to report.  The week has all sorts of rain forecast, and I'm dreading the possibility that riding may be difficult for the next few days.  Hopefully we will work in as many opportunities as possible......

No comments:

Post a Comment